Russian Brides

вторник, 10 марта 2009 г.

Happiness From Happening - 4 Simple Opportunities For Couples

Let's face it, keeping a relationship happy requires a lot of hard work, and if you're still together despite all the odds, then kudos to you my friend, that's more than just a milestone. You have to admit though that at times, the excitement easily dissipates in a new relationship and that you feel like you can't contend with the sad reality that only a few lucky souls have managed to find "Destiny" (not unless Destiny calls you up one day and tells you she's not coming back due to boredom, well don't mind me, I'm jaded).

Moving on, infatuation, physical and sexual attraction is nature's way of allowing us to take part in the eternal dance of man, woman and procreation - in the most basic of instincts, it really is about SEX. After the first few months of bliss, things will definitely die down but hopefully, you rabbits were able to establish enough connection that you can morph this heady feeling of sexual urge into something more pure, one that is filled with love. I believe that love doesn't start during the boyfriend-girlfriend stage but actually around 6 months from the time you declared your romantic relationship. It is during that time when reality sets in and emotions start to settle down. Somehow, love has to kick in so you'll both be more than willing to work on your relationship to make it stronger and to have it last.

I'm a pragmatist but I haven't always been that way, I used to be a romantic, hoping that some day, I could be the Romeo to a Juliet. However, things don't always go as planned. I just couldn't get a hold of Juliet because she was either washing her hair, out with friends, was studying, is working, is busy with mom, dad, baby sister, cat, pet dog, pet hamster, and all strange bullshit you can think up of.

So I tried figuring out what the real problem was and I realized that perhaps I've been choosing the wrong women, I'll tell you about that some other time, I'm digressing. What I did end up committing to myself though, was that when my Juliet finally saw me, met me and took me in, I would do everything to make her not regret that choice. I guess my practical facet was also my romantic side because I knew early on that this wasn't going to be a walk in the park; that choosing to be with someone was something that we both had to work on continuously.

A good friend of mine once told me, the word happiness comes from happening, which means, creating an event or producing opportunities that can lead to happiness that the both of you can share. Knowing that relationships won't always be fresh, new and fun, couples have to create opportunities that they can both share and remember.

I know everyone can be busy and that things just have a tendency to pile up so we can start with the simple things in life. The great thing about making events for your relationship is that they don't need to be huge events all the time. It doesn't have to be a full production of full weekend getaway or coordinating with the local home team basketball court to get her name up on the large TV. If there was one thing I learned about women is that they are emotionally broken, they are genetically defective in that aspect, like a tea cup with a hole at the bottom where you have to constantly tell them how much they mean to you and I guess that's why women talk more than men as well; they need constant affirmation. So knowing this little bit of secret, it's good to keep on doing small things here and there:

1. Get flowers for no reason at all.

You don't need to wait for your anniversary to get her flowers. Getting a stem (because she's the only one) or a bouquet (because that's how much you love her), it doesn't really matter so as long as you do something thoughtful. Sure, times are tough but that's the point, these things don't need much effort and add to the fact that there are tons of online stores that will deliver! Heck, if you're reading this now, it's probably that easy to click on a site to order flowers!

2. Grab a bottle of wine and make a date out on a park!

It is a misconception that enjoying wine is expensive. No it's not. You don't need an expensive vintage to enjoy it with your lady (but at least make sure you don't get one that's out of a box). When you come to think of it, it's not even about the wine but the company and being able to spend the moment with her. Just get something you're comfortable with spending and that would be fine, she'll cherish you more for taking the time of preparing this for her and a few months down the line, I'm sure she won't even remember what bottle it was you had - not unless you too had such a good time that you've kept the bottle on your cupboard as a keepsake. One thing you should know about wine is that the best wine is really one that you enjoy and not what other people tell you that you should enjoy so don't get overwhelmed with the thought of knowing what to get.

3. Share a delicate moment

Who doesn't enjoy nice lingerie? It's one of the few things you can really enjoy together and it almost doesn't matter who buys it for whom but of course it's always better if you actually got it for her. One thing to really remember though: get her the RIGHT SIZE! You don't want to get her something too small because she'll think she's too fat or get her something too big because she'll think that you think she's that fat. Scoot along to the hamper and make sure you get the numbers right. Another thing to remember: be sensitive enough to get her something that you'd think she can feel sexy in as well. Sometimes, we tend to create all of these fantasies in our heads and we go way over board.

4. Get your own custom shirts.

OK, I initially cringed on the thought of having cheesy printed shirts but I figured it really starts with good design but hey, if this is something that rocks the both of you, go for it! There're a few outfits out there that could do this for you and it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Комментариев нет:

Romance-Net